Founded in 1995 as a specialized consulting firm, INNOPHARMA has evolved into one of the leading European Contract Research Organizations (CRO) based in Italy. The company name is the acronym of the statement “Innovation in Pharmacology”, and directly reflects the characteristics of modernization of the company.
INNOPHARMA started its activity in R&D as a CRO principally operating in the Clinical Pharmacology field both in Italy and in the EEC.
INNOPHARMA plans, co-ordinates, monitors and reports Phase I – IV clinical studies. We have registered offices in Europe and United States with staff in more than 30 countries.
Through our unique infrastructure, we are able to provide local representation while adhering to regulatory requirements and utilizing current knowledge to successfully deliver study objectives. INNOPHARMA Clinical Monitors have a degree in biomedical sciences and are trained through periodic courses lead by an experienced Trainer. All monitors have been trained in-house and are very familiar with our regularly reviewed Standard Operating Procedures. This ensures that they use a “common language” when reporting on any study.
Monitor meetings are regularly held during the start-up phase and at least monthly during the course of the trial. These meetings are essential to rapidly identify any problems and to maintain the high standard of quality that is the hallmark of all INNOPHARMA studies.
The INNOPHARMA organizational structure guarantees thorough management of Adverse Events, especially of Serious Adverse Events, in accordance with the new Ministry Decree on Drug Surveillance and EEC regulatory requirements.
INNOPHARMA also has a Quality Assurance Service that operates independently of the Clinical Research Department, reporting directly to the General Manager. This service is essential for careful Quality Control of data management and clinical study related procedures.
INNOPHARMA has Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which cover all the aspects of clinical trial from planning to management or the flexibility to operate utilizing the Sponsors’ SOPs.
INNOPHARMA provides Data Management and Statistical Analysis services with a staff of fully trained and experienced personnel.
In addition, INNOPHARMA can provide assistance with centralized laboratory services, preparation and packaging of trial drugs, and other value-added services.
Our strategic divisions are:
- Clinical Research Division
- Consulting Division
- Medical Marketing Division
KEY MILESTONES IN INNOPHARMA HISTORY
- 1995 Foundation of INNOPHARMA Srl in Milan (Italy)
- 1999 New offices for INNOPHARMA Srl in Varedo – Milan (Italy)
- 2000 Start up of Clinical Operations in Eastern Europe
- 2002 Start up of Clinical Operations in Western Europe
- 2006 New Management for INNOPHARMA srl
- 2007 Consolidation of Clinical Operations in Eastern and Western Europe
- 2009 UNI EN ISO 9001/2008 Certification
- 2009 New Offices for INNOPHARMA Srl in Desio – Milan (Italy)
- 2009 Investment in SAS PheedIt System (EDC and e-CRF)
- 2009 Investment in a new Disaster Recovery Site for all IT operations
- 2010 Foundation of INNOPHARMA INTERNATIONAL Srl in Bucharest (Romania)
- 2010 Investment in Technology (IVRS, electronic Quality of life Questionnaire, electronic Patient Diary, CDISC)
- 2011 Foundation of INNOPHARMA INTERNATIONAL in Sofia (Bulgaria), WARSAW (Poland) and London (UK)
- 2012 Foundation of INNOPHARMA INTERNATIONAL in Seattle / Phoenix (US)
- 2013 Foundation of INNOPHARMA INTERNATIONAL in Barcelona (Spain)
- 2014 Foundation of INNOPHARMA INTERNATIONAL in Moscow (Russia)